This pumpkin cold foam is thick, creamy, tastes like spiced pumpkin, and is the perfect way to top all of your fall drinks. It’s so easy to make too! Combine everything in a jar or container and refrigerate until you’re ready to use to top your drinks. This is inspired by the Starbucks fall drink menu collection.
🥧 Why you'll LOVE this recipe
- Pumpkin: Pureed pumpkin and pumpkin spice give this cold foam lots of pumpkin flavor.
- Quick & easy: You'll be making drinks at home more frequently with how easy it is to make this.
- Make ahead: Store it in the fridge and use it for your drinks that week.
📝 Key ingredients
Read through for all the tips you will need for success!
Full steps and ingredients in recipe card below.
- Heavy whipping cream: I recommend using whipping cream for the best results. If you want a lighter version, you can use half and half cream but it won't be as thick and foamy. For a dairy free version, use coconut cream (it WILL taste like coconut so don't use it if you don't like coconut).
- Milk: Use whatever milk you have on hand. They will all work great.
- Pumpkin spice: Purchase or make your own pumpkin spice. It helps bring out the pumpkin flavor. Add more if you want more spice.
- Pumpkin puree: I used canned pumpkin puree for convenience.
- Brown sugar: Or use your favorite sweetener like maple syrup, honey, or sugar free sweetener.
👩🍳 How to make pumpkin cold foam
Step 1: In a jar, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to mix or close and shake the jar. Refrigerate until ready to use. It can keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Pour around ¼ - ½ cup of the cold foam into a bowl or separate glass. Use a milk frother, french press (press up and down), or whisk to thicken the cold foam. Spoon or pour on top of your drink and enjoy.
Step 2: The cold foam is mostly used to top cold drinks (like iced coffee, cold brew, iced chai tea…) but can also be used for hot drinks.
✔️ Expert cold foam tips
- Keep the cold foam cold: It'll whip up so much better when it's chilled.
- Add sugar if you need to: If it's not sweet enough for you, you can add some extra sugar to taste!
- Serve on top of chilled drinks: It's best served on top of cold drinks like cold brew or cold foam.
🥄 Make ahead and storage
The cold foam will store well refrigerated in an airtight jar or container for up to 5 days (so long as the ingredients used inside don't expire before then).
❔ Can you make cold foam at home?
Cold foam is essentially creamer that has been foamed up. To make your own creamer at home, just combine whipped cream, milk, and sweetener of choice. Froth it up with a milk frother, french press, or whisk and pour over your drink. You can also use a blender if you need to.
🎃 Flavor variations
You can give this pumpkin cold foam your own twists:
- Maple: Substitute brown sugar for maple syrup
- Caramel: Substitute brown sugar for caramel sauce (homemade or store bought).
- Chocolate pumpkin: Add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
After developing this pumpkin whipped cream recipe, my viewers demanded a pumpkin cold foam recipe so here it is.
☕ Drinks to use this recipe in:
- Iced coffee
- Cold brew coffee
- Iced tea
- Iced chai tea latte (my personal favorite)
- Iced matcha latte
You can also use cold foam to top hot drinks for a hot latte type drink. The cold foam will mostly melt but there will be a foamy layer left on top.
📖 Recipe FAQs
Yes you can. Substitute the cream with dairy free whipping cream and the milk with your favorite dairy free milk.
Substitute the heavy cream with half and half or milk. It won't be as thick and creamy but will still taste great.
You can try looking for it in the spice aisle at the grocery store. Or make pumpkin spice yourself - it's so easy to make!
🍁 More related recipes
Check out my best pumpkin desserts for more easy pumpkin recipe ideas.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love for you to rate this recipe and hear what you think in the comments below! Share your creation on Instagram and tag @flouringkitchen. Follow me on Pinterest to save and for more recipe ideas.
Pumpkin Cold Foam
- milk frother or french press
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream see notes for dairy free option
- ½ cup milk milk of choice
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree canned
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice more for topping drinks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-5 tablespoons brown sugar or sweetener of choice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- In a jar, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to mix or close and shake the jar. Refrigerate until ready to use. It can keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.1 cup heavy whipping cream, ½ cup milk, ¼ cup pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 2-5 tablespoons brown sugar, ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- When you want to top your favourite beverages: use a milk frother, french press (press up and down), or whisk to thicken the cold foam. Use ¼ - ½ cup per drink, depending on the size of your drink. Spoon or pour on top of your drink and enjoy.