This peeps s'mores skillet dip has gooey peeps on top, a rich and creamy chocolate bottom, and takes 10 minutes total to make. Peeps get a beautiful crisp crust when they bake, making this extra delicious! There’s heavy cream poured on top of the chocolate to make the chocolate bottom creamy and stay spreadable for longer as the dip cools. You can use graham crackers, strawberries, and any of your favourite cookies to dip.
Purchasing the items in this post supports this blog, at no additional cost to you. As an Affiliate Product marketer and Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why you will LOVE this recipe:
- Peeps: The peeps get a crisp, golden exterior (because of the sugar coating) and become so soft and stretchy inside after baking.
- Creamy chocolate: Hot cream is poured on top of the chocolate to make it extra silky, creamy, and to help it stay spreadable as the dip cools.
- Biscoff: I added a layer of crumbled biscoff cookies to add extra flavour and texture. You can add any of your favourite cookies.
- Milk AND semisweet chocolate: The perfect balance between sweet and rich. The perfect recipe to use up all of your random bits of chocolate!
- Easter party: The perfect shareable dessert for an Easter party. It’s way easier to make than individual s'mores.
The perfect easy dessert for Easter
It comes together in no time (10 minutes!), is fun to make with the kids, and so delicious. The fact that it's a dip makes it super fun to share and eat. Check out this festive milk chocolate creme egg bundt cake which is also perfect for Easter.
Use this peep s'mores skillet to clear out your cupboard from any random bits of chocolate! It will work with any type of chocolate so make your own Frankenstein.
Hot Tip: Keep in mind that the skillet is hot so it's best to transfer some into a separate plate if serving to children so they don't accidentally burn themselves.
Why make this over traditional s'mores
- Way easier to make than individual, traditional s'mores
- Keeps warm and gooey for longer because the skillet retains heat
- The chocolate is actually melted and way creamier
- The perfect easy dessert for a crowd
- Peeps in s'mores taste much better than regular marshmallows in s'mores
Peeps VS Marshmallows
Peeps make this s'mores dip so festive and they taste way better than using regular marshmallows. Because of the sugar coating, the peeps get super crisp on the outside. They're also much more stretchy and gooey than regular marshmallows! You can use regular marshmallows in a pinch.
- Peanut butter: Add a few scoops of peanut butter on top of the chocolate chips before baking. It will melt in the oven and swirl the chocolate with delicious peanut butter flavour.
- Biscoff cookie butter: Add a few scoops of biscoff cookie butter on top of the chocolate chips. It will melt in the oven to make pools of biscoff goodness.
- Chocolate bar: Substitute some of the chocolate chips with your favourite chopped chocolate bars like mars, cookies and cream, and snickers.
- Only milk chocolate: Use only chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips if you don't like the flavour of dark chocolate.
- White chocolate swirl: Substitute half of the chocolate with chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Oreos: Add crushed oreos instead of biscoff on top of the chocolate chips.
Full steps and ingredients in recipe card below. But read through these for all the tips you will need for success!
Peeps: You'll need a few packs of peeps. It really depends on how many you want to pack in there and how wide your pan is. I like to pile mine right in there! the eyes do disappear as they bake.
Heavy cream: This makes a thick, creamy filling. It mixes with the chocolate to form a rich ganache. Don't use milk instead - there will be pools of runny milk. Anything higher than 32% milkfat works great!
Semisweet chocolate chips: Semisweet chocolate chips work the best! You can use chopped dark chocolate instead. Keep in mind that if you use chopped chocolate, the filling may be more runny but still delicious.
Milk chocolate: You can use milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate.
Biscoff: This is totally optional but adds more flavour. You can use your favourite cookies instead if you prefer - like nutterbutters, oreos, extra graham crackers...
Step by step
Step 1 - Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).
Step 2 - Combine chopped chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips in the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle salt on top and mix.
Step 3 - Sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the chocolate.
Step 4 - Heat heavy cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Carefully pour on top of the chocolate in the skillet.
Step 5 - Arrange peeps on top of the chocolate. You may need more or less depending on the size of your skillet.
Step 6 - Bake in the middle of the oven until the peeps turn golden brown on top and puff up - about 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully so the marshmallows don’t burn.
Step 7 - Serve while hot with graham crackers. You can use a spoon to help get all of the chocolate and marshmallows onto your graham cracker.
Either works! I use a mix of chopped milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips. This recipe is essentially made for using up random chocolate you have lying around.
Any pan that is oven safe works. Cast iron is my favourite for this recipe because it retains heat and keeps the chocolate melted for longer.
Regular marshmallows will work really great as well. I recommend using jumbo or larger marshmallows for better texture.
Check out these other recipes:
Did you make this recipe? I would love for you to rate this recipe and hear what you think in the comments below! Share your creation on Instagram and tag @flouringkitchen. Follow me on Pinterest to save and for more recipe ideas.
Peeps S'mores Skillet Dip
- 6 inch or 8 inch size oven safe skillet
- ½ cup milk chocolate chopped
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips/chopped milk chocolate
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 biscoff cookies crushed (or cookies of choice)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 peeps less or more, depending on pan size
- 1 package graham crackers to serve
- Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Combine chopped chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips in the bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle salt on top and mix.½ cup milk chocolate, 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips, ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the chocolate.6 biscoff cookies
- Heat heavy cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Carefully pour on top of the chocolate in the skillet.½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Arrange peeps on top of the chocolate. You may need more or less depending on the size of your skillet.16 peeps
- Bake in the middle of the oven until the peeps turn golden brown on top and puff up - about 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully so the marshmallows don’t burn.
- Serve while hot with graham crackers. You can use a spoon to help get all of the chocolate and marshmallows onto your graham cracker.1 package graham crackers