This funfetti ice cream is easy to make and ultra creamy. It’s packed full of golden oreos that taste like bits of cake and loads of sprinkles. This is the perfect low effort dessert for summer! You don’t need any equipment as it’s a no churn recipe. An electric mixer will speed along the process, but it’s definitely doable with just a wire whisk.
Purchasing the items in this post supports this blog, at no additional cost to you. As an Affiliate Product marketer and Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why you will LOVE this recipe:
- Funfetti: This ice cream is loaded with sprinkles and funfetti flavour
- Oreos: Golden oreos make it taste like there are bits of cake inside the ice cream
- No churn: You don't need an ice cream maker and it makes the smoothest ice cream
How to get the best texture
This ice cream is perfectly smooth and fluffy, despite being a no churn ice cream. The whipped cream adds airiness and the sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and creates the perfect texture when frozen.
The golden oreos inside the ice cream become soft and taste like bits of cake - the perfect addition to a funfetti flavoured ice cream.
The best sprinkles for desserts
My favorite sprinkles to use that won't break your teeth when frozen are jimmies and confetti (flat pastel shapes and circles).
Non pariels (round) won't look as good if they're the small ones and they're hard so they might break your teeth when frozen.
Make sure to add the sprinkles right before transferring into the container to be frozen. The longer the sprinkles are in the ice cream, the higher the risk of the colours bleeding and mixing up.
You can add your favourite ice cream mix ins such as:
- chocolate oreos
- chopped chocolate
- brownie pieces
- edible cookie dough bits
- jam swirls
How to whip cream by hand
You don't need an electric mixer although it really does help speed things along! In order to get stiffer peaks faster, pop your bowl and whisk about 10 minutes before starting to whip. Make sure your cream is refrigerator cold. The colder the cream, the firmer the fat inside the cream remains, the better the whip.
Pour the cream into the chilled bowl and whisk with a wire whisk. If you get tired, pop it in the fridge to keep it cold before starting again.
Alternatively, pour the cream into a very large jar and shake it until it forms medium peaks. i.e. it holds its shape but flops a bit at the top.
Full steps and ingredients in recipe card below. But read through these for all the tips you will need for success!
Heavy whipping cream: Whipping cream 35% or higher will give the best results because it will whip up well. Make sure that it's chilled well for easier whipping.
Sweetened condensed milk: This is essential in giving no churn ice cream the perfect, scoop-able, soft texture. Don't substitute it with anything else.
Sprinkles: The best sprinkles to use are jimmies (little rods) and confetti (flat pastel shapes and circles) for inside the ice cream. Nonpareils don't work very well because they are too small and won't look as good. They'll also be very hard after freezing. Naturally coloured sprinkles may bleed more so watch out for that if it matters to you.
Golden oreos: They add extra texture and flavour. They soften up and taste like bits of cake with frosting.
Step 1 - Place bowl and whisk (or whisk attachment) into the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
Step 2 - Pour heavy cream into the chilled bowl and whisk. Whisk until medium stiff peaks form. The cream should be stiff enough to stand up with a curl on top.
Step 3 - Pour sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract into the whipped cream. Whip until fully combined, being careful not to overwhip until grainy. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to combine evenly.
Step 4 - Have a loaf pan or freezer safe container ready. Working quickly, add the oreos (reserve some for topping). Add the sprinkles and fold. Immediately transfer into the prepared container.
Step 5 - Top with extra oreos. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Once frozen through, top with extra sprinkles, scoop, and serve with your favorite toppings.
I don't recommend substituting the condensed milk with anything. Evaporated milk isn't the same thing. You need all of the sugar and milk proteins from the condensed milk for the perfect ice cream texture.
Jimmies (rod shaped) and confetti (flat) work the best and won't be so hard when frozen.
You can use your favourite cookie. Crisp chocolate chip cookies, chocolate oreos, or even oreo pieces will work great.
Check out these other recipes:
Did you make this recipe? I would love for you to rate this recipe and hear what you think in the comments below! Share your creation on Instagram and tag @flouringkitchen. Follow me on Pinterest to save and for more recipe ideas.
Funfetti Ice Cream
- electric mixer or a wire whisk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk 300mL
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup golden oreos chopped into pieces
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Place bowl and whisk (or whisk attachment) into the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy cream into the chilled bowl and whisk. Whisk until medium stiff peaks form. The cream should be stiff enough to stand up with a curl on top.2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pour sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract into the whipped cream. Whip until fully combined, being careful not to overwhip until grainy. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to combine evenly.14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Have a loaf pan or freezer safe container ready. Working quickly, add the oreos (reserve some for topping). Add the sprinkles and fold. Immediately transfer into the prepared container.¼ cup sprinkles, 1 ½ cup golden oreos
- Top with extra oreos. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Once frozen through, top with extra sprinkles, scoop, and serve with your favorite toppings.